I should rename my blog to “RSR Only Eats Breakfast,” I might actually do that it’s quite catchy lol. In all honesty, any name suggestions would be great, I don’t know if I still want to keep it as simple as “RSRCREATIONS”. So send me your suggestions!
Back to business. Just In time for the weekend here is a recipe for YET another breakfast dish I managed to pull together. Very often my ideas do not translate well from dream to reality. I’m always overambitious. But this time I think I did really well. I LOVE burrata cheese and I wanted to incorporate that into breakfast, because who doesn’t like eggs drenched in a thick tomato sauce laced with basil. This might not be for everyone as it is very mild, but I do find it very suitable for those with a liking to more subtle flavours.
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 onion chopped finely
- 1/2 red capsicum chopped in small cubes
- 500 ml Pomi tomato sauce or any good quality Italian tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- a handful of fresh basil leaves (save some for garnish)
- rough red chilli flakes
- red chilli powder
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1 ball of burrata
- In a pan warm up the olive oil then add the onion and red pepper. Sauté this until they begin to soften.
- Then add the garlic and ensure not to burn it.
- Add the Pomi tomato sauce to the pot then toss in the basil. Let this sauce bubble for about 10 minutes.
- Thereafter add the red chilli powder and red chilli flakes (as required). Let this simmer for 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make wells in your sauce then crack the eggs in the pot. Leave the centre open for the burrata.
- Once the eggs have cooked to your To your liking, place the burrata in the centre. season the eggs and garnish with fresh basil.
- To serve, break open the burrata and allow it to ooze out into the pan. Scoop up a generous helping of eggs with sauce and cheese.
- Serve with fresh ciabatta bread, dip the ciabatta straight into the pot and soak up all that deliciousness. I won’t judge.
I Really love this recipe I find it so simple and delicious. Please try it out and let me know what you think!