I’ve always loved me a good Taco night. Usually spent with my favourite people because I love an audience for meals too!
There is another recipe for tacos on my blog which is a bit more intricate and has different ingredients but that’s if you’re going all out! If you want an easy yet delicious taco recipe with ingredients you probably already have on hand then this one is for you
Tacos can be served soft shell or tortillas or hard shell in taco shells. You can also use a variety of protein including minced chicken or beef , beans or strips of chicken or beef.
This recipe has sufficient filling for 12 tacos
• 1/2 kg beef/chicken mince or strips
• 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
• 1/2 tsp coriander powder
• 1 small onion sliced
• 1 tsp cumin powder
• 1 tsp red chilli powder
• 1 tsp garlic
• 1-2 tbsp diced pickled piquante peppers or any sweet relish you have on hand
• 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
• 2 grated tomatoes
• Salt and pepper
1. Add olive oil to a pot and then add the cumin seeds and coriander powder.
2. Add the onions and saute until soft
3. Then add the protein of your choice along with the spices and garlic.
4. Cook the protein halfway then add the piquante peppers and coriander. Mix it through and add the tomatoes
5. Cook until the tomatos reduce.
6. Warm your taco shells / tortillas and layer with protein, guacamole, salsa, cheese, sour cream, jalapeno and lettuce.
7. You may choose to omit certain fillings if you wish