So here’s the thing. We are a BIG family and breakfasts are always tricky. I personally hate eating alone, especially when everyone has already devoured all the food and has left you with that one cold egg with the wrinkly egg yolk. There’s always that one person that is left in the kitchen flipping eggs while everyone eats and let’s be honest, no one has the patience to wait for the poor egg flipper in the kitchen.
This is why I always opt for these one pan breakfast dishes so that everyone can eat together as a family and enjoy their food. Other favourites of mine include shakshouka or masala eggs (yes ,they’re different), its super easy and no fuss.
This frittata is a healthier breakfast option and you can make it with just egg whites if you’re going to be picky. You can add anything you like in your frittata its also a great way to get rid of left-overs and fridge scraps.
- 8 large whole eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 onion , sliced thinly
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 8 curry leaves
- chopped coriander
- spring onion
- fresh green chilli chopped
- micro greens
- salt and pepper
- in a non-stick pan or skillet , warm up some olive oil.
- add the cumin seeds and curry leaves and braise until the aromas have infused into the oil
- add the onion to the pot and saute until soft then add the chilli
- add the spinach into the pan and let it wilt
- whisk the eggs until fluffy then add the milk and beat them together.
- add the spring onion and the coriander to the egg mixture along with salt and pepper
- pour the egg mixture into the pan and quickly mix to combine all the ingredients together.
- cover the pan and let it steam or pop it into the oven until cooked through.
- season well and serve with micro greens on-top and avocado on the side.