Brunches are meant for Sundays , it’s like a match made in heaven. My Blog has become a curation of all the breakfasts I make, I seem to be a lot more willing to prepare breakfast than any other meal in the day. My breakfasts always seem to include eggs but this week I was feeling for something lighter and fruitier. And so, I introduce to you my Papaya Sundae.
it’s almost a mix breed between two of Tashas breakfast meals. PS if you haven’t had a Tashas breakfast in South Africa (or Dubai), you’re not winning at life. (sorry).
There are hints of rose in between the sweetness of the papaya that is perfectly matched to the slight tang of wholesome Greek Yogurt. This is a great healthy alternative as well as an option for the upcoming month of Ramadhaan. If You’re not a Papaya fan, swap it for some berries or bananas which are equally good! slightly sweetened with some Fynbos Honey all the way from South Africa , its low cal, low carb and just good for you!
Recipe (serves 2)
- 1 papaya
- 4 tbsp Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp rose water
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp toasted almond flakes
- 1 tsp sliced pistachio
- Peel the papaya and slice it in half. remove the center bits and give it a rinse.
- pat dry and cut into 1cm slices
- lay the papaya in the center of your plate and set aside
- in a small mixing bowl combine the yogurt, honey and rose water. whisk together until the mixture is homogeneous.
- pour the yogurt over the papaya. then top with the nuts and optional drop or two of rose syrup and rose petals.
- add more honey if you require
serve and enjoy!
Happy Sundae Brunching