My husband and I are always entertaining and a lot of the time guests unexpectedly visit and I need quick fixes to impress them.
I tried this recipe and after a few adjustments I finally came up with a sweet summer drink that will have all your guests impressed and refreshed!
- 5 berry tea bags
- 1 litre water
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 litre sprite
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- pour water into a pot and boil the tea bags for about 10 mins
- remove the tea bags and add the sugar. mix until dissolved then allow the mixture to cool
- pour the mixture into a tray then add the berries, mix and place in the freezer.
- after 20 mins , remove the mixture and scrape with a fork. it will form a texture similar to a granita.
- place it in the freezer for another 10 mins
- when you ready to serve, scoop the shards of iced tea into a jug and then add the sprite, top with fresh mint and extra berries if you like.
it takes a bit of time , but you can prepare the iced tea in advance and keep it in the freezer until you need it. I love this for parties and BBQs.