A few months back I did a post on a succulent pepper steak, and the response was phenomenal! But it got me thinking, there is so much of time involved in the pre-preparation of an over-night steak and quite frankly most people don’t have the time.
There are 24 hours in a day, but for some of us that number seems significantly less. The furthest thing from your mind after a long and exhausting day, would be complex kitchen routines. So wouldn’t it be nice to whip up a 5 star meal in just 20 minutes?
And that’s why I’ve created this easy peasy steak recipe. It requires no pre-preparation and you can serve it straight off the grill, onto your plate. Most of the ingredients you would already have in your kitchen. All you have to do is get yourself a great piece of meat and you’re ready to go!
- Steak of your choice, I used sirloin
- 2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- A punnet of mushrooms ,sliced
- 30g butter
- ½ cup fresh cream
- ½ tsp crushed green chilli
This recipe is enough for 2 150g steaks
- Make a spice rub using the above ingredients
- Rub the spice onto the steak on both sides and leave it aside
- Heat up a skillet or grill pan
- When the pan is extremely hot, place the steaks , with the rub on , onto the pan
- Sear the meat for about 2 to 3 minutes on one side
- Then turn it over and sear the other side for about 1 to 2 minutes
- Place on a foil and pop it into the oven for 5 minutes on 180ᵒ c on bake
- Remove the steak, wrap around in the foil and cover with a cloth and let it rest for about 6 to 7 minutes
Prepare your sauce
- If your pan doesn’t have charred bits in it, use the same pan, if it does wipe clean and reuse.
- Add the mushrooms to the heated pan, let the mushrooms cook until all the water has reduced
- Then add the green chilli and butter and sauté together
- Add the fresh cream and allow to cook until slightly thick , this should take up to 2 to 3 minutes
- Unwrap your steak that has been resting, you will see some juices and spices from the steak in the foil, pour that into the mushroom sauce and give it a boil
- Plate your steaks and serve with mushroom sauce
This timing and temperature should give you a medium-well or well done steak.
It goes well with French fries, or a fresh garden salad.
You must be wondering why all my pictures of recent seem very, romantic. It’s the month of love and well I’m just a cute little house wife like that 😛
N.B you will notice that I have used slivered garlic instead of crushed. I took the picture before I reformulated the recipe. so stick to crushed garlic!