Love is something that we all have in our lives, even if we don’t realise it. Love doesn’t have to come from a special someone, it can be from of your parents, your children or even your friends. I feel that Love is something that should be celebrated, which is why I make it my mission to please those that I care about.
I think the best way to show your appreciation for those you care about , is to let them know how much they mean to you. To invest time and effort into a relationship will only reap the best rewards. And rewards don’t always have to be tangible.
This menu comprises of a few ingredients that my husband and I love. And we thought that since were celebrating us as a team, why not get into the kitchen together. I must say after breakfast I was ready to hang up my apron, but (un)fortunately my hubby still had a little inspiration left in him. I must admit, we approach food in completely different ways. That’s why we have 2 of everything, a good way to spoil us both!
It’s the most important meal of the day, and we both have different ways of starting off our days. I prefer sweet and he prefers savoury so we made spicy pan omelettes and fresh strawberry-mascarpone French toast
Pan omelettes are just an easy and fun way to serve up your breakfast. And I hate flipping omelettes the task is daunting.
- 4 eggs
- 50 ml milk
- ½ cups diced peppers (I used 4 colours)
- 5 sliced olives
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Pre heat your oven to 150ᵒ with the top grill on
- In an oven safe frying pan or flat pot, heat up the oil
- Add the peppers and sauté them until soft
- Then add the mushrooms and tomatoes and cook until the water has burned out
- Add in the olives
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs which the milk and chilli powder
- Once combined, pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and give it a stir
- Thereafter cook the eggs half way, then pop it into the oven for about 2 to 3 mins or until the top half is cooked.
- Remove and serve in the pan
- Cut into it as you would a pizza
This recipe is great for those that are watching their weight, you can alternatively not add the oil and let the vegetables cook in their own juices and substitute whole eggs for egg whites only.
- 4 slices of bread , of your choice
- 1 egg
- 25 ml milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Mascarpone cheese
- Fresh strawberries , sliced
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 blob of butter
- Spread the mascarpone on one side of the 4 slices of bread ( I used a baguette)
- Fill the centre with a layer of strawberries and sandwich the 2 slices of mascarpone bread together
- In a separate dish mix the egg, milk, sugar and cinnamon together
- Heat up a pan and add a thin layer pf oil and a blob of butter
- Dip the strawberry and mascarpone sandwich in the egg mixture
- Then fry the sandwich in the hot pan
- Cook on all sides until golden brown
- Serve with a dusting of icing sugar
A great alternative would be to make a banana and peanut butter French toast which will make everyone’s tummy’s happy, especially if it’s topped with a drizzle of golden syrup! Or what could be better than nutella and strawberries, a match made in heaven!
If you can’t buy a big bunch of roses for your special day, why not incorporate it into your menu
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 500 ml milk
- the insides of 1 cardamom pod
- 1 shot of rose syrup
- Put all the ingredients in a blender
- Blitz them together until uniform in consistency
- Pour and serve
i had a lot of fun working with the hubby in the kitchen. It was truly rewarding knowing that we accomplished something together. and it was a great way to spend time with each other and do what we both love the most, eat! Also he appreciates his food more now that he knows the effort it takes to prepare it 😉